Trine University and COVID-19
Dear Trine Students,
The rapidly evolving COVID-19 crisis has evolved once again. Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb issued a state-wide Stay-At-10分11选5 Order that takes effect Tuesday, March 24, at 11:59 p.m. ET. This order will stay in effect until Monday, April 20, at 11:59 p.m. ET, but could be extended if the outbreak warrants it.
This means that Trine University campuses will be, with very few exceptions, closed to students, faculty and staff during the duration of this Stay-At-10分11选5 Order. If you still have personal belongings in your rooms, those items will be held in storage until after the Stay-At-10分11选5 Order is lifted. You are not to return to campus to retrieve those items until after the Stay-At-10分11选5 Order is lifted.
As we have stated previously, it is very important that you continue to monitor your Trine email throughout this period. Please stay safe and thank you again for your patience during these unprecedented times.
Effective Tuesday, March 24, 10分11选5, our campus residence halls will be closed for the rest of the semester. All students should make plans to completely remove personal items out of their residence hall room by this date. Students who have already left campus need to make arrangements to have all items removed from their rooms by March 24, 10分11选5. If you still have personal belongings in your rooms after the order goes into effect, those items will be held in storage until after the Stay-At-10分11选5 Order is lifted.
At a later date, housing staff will inspect all rooms to assess damages. Damage fees will be applied to student accounts or to refund amounts respectively and students will be notified via email.
Guests are only permitted in the residence halls to help a student move out of their room/hall. No overnight guests are permitted in the residence halls. Violations may result in the student being asked to leave campus immediately.
If you have housing questions or concerns, feel free to email any one of the following Student 10分11选5 staff members:
Angie Booth, Director of Housing, bootha@
Grace Waterstradt-Keil, Director of Residence Life, waterstradtg@
Linda Werling, Office of Student 10分11选5 Office Manager, werlingl@
Internships or Co-Ops
Students are allowed to continue internships and co-ops as directed by employers if they choose. Students who do not feel their assignment is safe should discuss options for flexible work arrangements with their employer. Student who cannot continue their work assignment should communicate with their advisor, professor or the Career Center team. Situations will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
All campus dining facilities are closed.
We will continue to monitor the situation and adjust as necessary. Please continue to check email frequently and check these resource pages for the latest health updates and what you need to do to protect yourself and those around you. Once again, members of the Trine University community are urged to take appropriate precautions to prevent the spread of infection:
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. Help young children do the same. (See hand-washing guidelines from the World Health Organization)
- Using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not readily available. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Limiting close contact, like kissing and sharing cups or utensils, with people who are sick.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Covering a cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throwing the tissue in the trash. If you do not have a tissue, use your sleeve (not your hands).
In addition, Cameron Memorial Community Hospital is asking for your immediate assistance to help reduce the number of patients visiting Cameron Urgent Care. If you feel you need to be screened for COVID-19, please contact the Steuben County Health Department 260-668-1000 ext. 1500 or Cameron's 24/7 resource line at 260-667-5555 BEFORE visiting ANY healthcare facility, unless you are in emergent distress. The local and state Boards of Health hold the final determination of when patients can and will be tested. They are working around the clock to review every patient that presents. The Cameron resource line was created to educate our community about COVID-19 and to provide guidance and resources.
Trine University Bookstore
In order to facilitate the learning process and make your eLearning experience more dynamic, our campus store is offering additional options to supplement and support your efforts.
- FREE Online Shipping Offer: Visit the campus store for Free Shipping on all items with no minimum purchase. This includes various formats of course materials, supplies, apparel, technology and more.
- Access to eBooks AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE: Visit the campus store to gain access to eBooks at no additional charge with your .edu email address. You can access up to 7 eBooks for the designated period free of charge.
- FREE Access to Lumen Learning OER Courseware:Lumen Learning, our OER partner, is offering FREE access to courseware to help supplement content, and offer additional resources to faculty, .
- Free Shipping on Rental Returns & Deadline Extensions: The campus store is offering free shipping return labelsand is also extending the non-return period without penalty to assist with increased returns by mail. Click the COVID-19 message on the 10分11选5 page of the campus store .
While we make the adjustments necessary to deal with this outbreak, you are still encouraged to keep an eye on this summer and the fall semester.
- Please continue to register for fall classes according to your schedules
- Don’t forget about planning yours summer courses
- Remember that Financial Aid is open and is always available by phone or email
Trine IT support and services
Faculty and staff
Trine faculty will be able to successfully teach and engage with their students from their 10分11选5s and will no longer be required to report to campus.
Personnel deemed essential, and who are expected to continue to work on campus, include those members of staff who physically provide services on the residential campus, including Security, Buildings and Grounds, and Custodial 10分11选5. Other departments, including the Business Office, Admission, Financial Aid, Marketing and Communications, Human Resources, Alumni and Development and others required to continue operations, will continue to work remotely.
The Michigan Intercollegiate Athletics Association (MIAA) has canceled all of its intercollegiate events for the remainder of the school year. In addition, Trine is also suspending its non-MIAA winter and spring athletics programs.